Self-acceptance is my refusal to be in an adversarial relationship to myself. – Nathaniel Branden
Our mind is made up of many psychological parts. The ego itself can be divided into some of the following, here’s basic info on them:
- The Protector: This is the part that wants to protect us and ensure that we don’t take unnecessary risks.
- The Critic: This part is what calls us silly or ugly. It’s what we use to criticize us and others. It’s also our motivator.
- The Image Consultant: Wants us to behave in certain ways so that we’re acceptable to others…
- The Skeptic: It’s the part that notices inconsistencies with our thinking and must be convinced about a certain decision, ensures that we don’t get scammed.
- The Wounded child: This is the main-stay of our psyche, all other parts protect this one. Here’s more on it.
When our psyche is fragmented or we have trouble unifying some of these parts, all kinds of emotional trouble is let loose. We can feel disoriented, incomplete, think that we’re forgetting something, feel unreasoned fear and many similar symptoms.
Unification of personality comes from some of the following activities:
- Meditation and mind-fullness
- Journaling and clear-thinking
- Prayer and faith
Increasing self-awareness is the key. We can then know when we’re at odds with our own self. That leads to correct thinking which results in happiness!
Daily Affirmation: Today I AM unified!
Recommendation: The Center Within by Fred Harris