If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. – Abraham Harold Maslow
How often do we use a hammer to solve just about every problem?
We do this by:
- Being set in our own ways
- By only looking at people and issues with past-colored glasses
- By thinking we already know the answer
- By thinking of a response when another is still talking
- By not sitting and just being, trying to jump in to fix a situation or problem
- Through our habitual thinking patterns
When will we snap out of this hypnotic way of being? When we do then the sunlight appears more alive, the air more fragrant; we connect with the other person and Life itself at a deeper level.
Daily Affirmation: Today I AM awake and alive!