We are the ones we have been waiting for. – Hopi Prophecy
we are it
When Gandhi said ‘we must be the change we want to see in the world’ he was right of course. It’s either us or no one else. We have to be the change we so desperately want in the world.
let’s do it
- If we want peace we must be peaceful first.
- If we want less greed, we must first be satisfied.
- If we want more love, we must excel in loving others and in having satisfying relationships.
- If we want less frustration and greater fulfillment in life, we must search for the answers.
Life won’t just happen to us. We must stir and make things happen.
Daily Affirmation: Today I move, I act.
Recommendation: Do It! Let’s Get Off Our Buts by Peter McWilliams
A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe. – Wayne Dyer
vibrations & frequencies
All matter, all existence is actually energy vibrating at different frequencies, coalescing into matter, emotion, meaning and life itself. When we operate at higher frequencies, we are happier and healthier. The opposite is also true.
When we move about in joy and in love, we engender the highest frequencies possible for humankind. So you see that’s the trick, to figure out ways to feel joy and love, you then attract all that’s good and necessary for you while also maintaining vibrant health! Get high on life, and stay there!
Daily Affirmation: Today I AM joy, I smile, I love!
Recommendation: Change Your Thoughts – Change Your Life by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
The less you open your heart to others, the more your heart suffers. – Deepak Chopra
Opening our heart means reaching outwards. Getting out of our heads, dropping down into our hearts, ‘seeing’ the heart of others, allowing love and care to flow from us, to the other. It also means being flexible and open minded. Flexible enough to bend, to understand the motive of the other, and to forgive, unconditionally.
Stop constricting your heart. The heart feels at peace when open, when it gives, when it loves, when it serves and when it feels life itself. Operate from the heart, operate from the center of all that is. And forgive, one, all, self.
Daily Affirmation: Today I AM my heart.
Recommendation: The Ultimate Happiness Prescription by Deepak Chopra
Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. – Albert Einstein
force is commonplace
The quote seems pretty obvious, but how much do we use or try to use force in our own lives? Here are some ways, can you think of other ways?
- How we ram stuff/ideas down our children’s throats
- How we get so flustered when people don’t behave as expected. The anger or disappointment is a form of force that affects us directly.
- How we force our own selves to do, like and dislike ideas and actions.
- How we cry and plead with God/Universe/Life that certain things happen as we please, when we refuse to accept certain realities and keep banging our heads against inevitabilities.
understanding is like common sense
Common sense, it is said, is quite uncommon. So is the use of understanding. If we understand ourselves, what gets to us, what lights our fire and what we need to be happy, then the road to peace and equanimity is clear. We then understand what we as puny humans can do, and what we must simply allow to happen. Internal peace follows. Understanding others, is next. Peace around the world can then follow.
Daily Affirmation: Today I AM humbled and I seek understanding.
Recommendation: Zen And the Art of Happiness by Chris Prentiss
Most people are so busy knocking themselves out trying to do everything they think they should do, they never get around to what they want to do. – Kathleen Winsor
Let’s reflect on what’s most important to us. We can do that via Stillness or via an ‘Active’ Journaling technique. A combination of both is more effective!
Next spend 30 to 60 minutes daily working on one or more goals that result from the above exercise. Break the goals down into manageable tasks. Complete 3 HITs daily. HITs = your High Impact Tasks. These are tasks from your task list which give you the biggest bang for your time and effort. Complete 3 HITs daily towards your goals and see how much you achieve and how good you feel!
Daily Affirmation: Today I AM focused on that which is more important.
Recommendation: Getting Things Done by David Allen
You must not let your life run in the ordinary way; do something that nobody else has done, something that will dazzle the world. Show that God’s creative principle works in you. – Yogananda
- How do you live a life that dazzles the world?
- How can you best use the creativity you were born with?
- What makes for stupendous success in life?
- By being yourself, without fear, with courage, with bravado, with faith and knowing that you truly can’t ever fail.
- By living your life fully, utilizing your gifts and by not being lazy or a procrastinator.
- By loving more than you normally would, by going the 2nd mile in service to others and by thinking of them before you think of your own self.
- By never giving up, by never stopping to grow and by always seeing the world with the eyes of a child.
No you don’t need to invent the next best thing since sliced bread or become a President of the USA, you just need to be the you God designed and give life your best shot! God is looking for that uniqueness, that personality to emerge from you, that has no other expression in the whole of creation! That’s YOU!
Daily Affirmation: Today I AM a success, just the way I AM.
Recommendation: Notes from the Universe by Mike Dooley
When we come to the last moment of this lifetime, and we look back across it, the only thing that’s going to matter is “What was the quality of our love?” – Richard Bach
Love is more in the being first than in the doing. That’s true of life itself. We can be in love and we can be love, when we have no resentments searing our soul, when we flow with the river of time admiring things and persons of beauty, goodness and truth. Having forgiven one and all, including ourselves, we make love’s residence, inside us, possible, we make our own healing possible.
Once filled with love, let’s place our attention on the other. How can the person in front of us, right now, be served, be loved and be cared for? That is the purpose of life itself, the discovery of love within us, the way it designs us and the relationships that result.
Daily Affirmation: Today I AM love, on love will I focus.
Recommendation: The Bridge Across Forever: A True Love Story by Richard Bach