Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity. – Voltaire
I’ve had the pleasure to share with you several meditation approaches on this page. In general I like to view meditation as ‘relaxed awareness’ a certain consciousness which allows us to watch self. It starts with physical relaxation followed by mental relaxation and goes into a thoughtless awareness mode. Some view this as an end state, an end in itself. It is that, in some ways, because when we’re in that state we can feel a certain peace, a well being that cannot easily be matched by any other experience of the mind. In this blog I attempt to take this level of meditation to the next step, as I understand it…
Tip # 1: Connecting with your deep self
Tip # 2: Stretch your wings out
Tip # 3: Arise out of fear!
Tip # 4: Do Nothing!
Tip # 5: Sitting!
Tip # 6: Just Be
Tip # 7: FLaG It!
Tip # 8: Let It Be
Tip # 9: What Is True Meditation?
So what is true meditation? The next level of meditation is to go beyond the ‘relaxed awareness’ state and make contact with Universal Intelligence, with God, the Creator, the Architect and Parent of All That Is….
Here are the suggested steps:
- Read: Do some spiritual reading, this will help us get into the right frame of mind.
- Breathe: Breathe 3 deep breaths, relax, see this tip for more: Do Nothing!
- Visualize: Visualize being in a beautiful relaxing place, like a beach or a mountain resort, smell the air, feel the sand with the fingers, try and truly be there!
- Ask: Ask God for help to meditate, tell him what’s on your mind, just chat…While doing so FLaG It! This includes an exercise in forgiveness and gratitude, a piece that is super important.
- Receive: Finally ask him for his love. Sit back and receive God’s love because undoubtedly with just a little practice you’ll palpably experience God’s love…simply receive…
- Journal: If you’d like to deepen this experience and continue this practice, start journaling, more here…Emotional Freedom!. At this point we can receive inspiration from the Creator. This voice will exhort us to love, to forgive and to trust…..
Daily Affirmation: Today I AM still.