Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet. It’s a way of entering into the quiet that’s already there—buried under the 50,000 thoughts the average person thinks every day. – Deepak Chopra
There are numerous definitions of meditation. One popular idea is that thoughts must cease for us to enter a meditative state. Certainly that could be classified as meditation; however for me meditation consists of 2 essentials:
- Discovering and resting in the peace that resides within us
- Making direct contact with God
stillness & inspiration
This peace that is nestled just under our stream of thoughts is very approachable. The trick is to be in a state of non-judgmental relaxed awareness. That means we just sit and be. We become relaxed in body and mind. We stay alert, i.e. not fall asleep and maintain awareness of all that goes on inside us, without manufacturing new thoughts about any of it.
Once we experience this peace it’s a great opportunity to:
- Pray and make direct contact with God
- Seek inspiration, which appears in the form of sudden thoughts an d ideas
- Do creative thinking and planning
Here are some more tips from my site.
Daily Affirmation: Today I AM.