Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions. – Albert Einstein
Did he say that?
Albert Einstein was a very interesting guy. And he lived the power of thoughts. He also once said "The only real valuable thing is intuition”. How does one cultivate intuition?
What it means for us
Imagine often, imagine the best, imagine in detail and color, live the emotion of that imagination and then leave the rest for the Universal machine to deliver to you. That’s essentially how the Law of Attraction works. Understand and utilize it! Pick up positive intuitive ideas and run with them, those are thoughts that the Universal Intelligence provides as clues to us.
Recommendation: Notes from the Universe
Buddhism holds that everything is in constant flux. Thus the question is whether we are to accept change passively and be swept away by it or whether we are to take the lead and create positive changes on our own initiative. – Daisaku Ikeda
Create Positive Change
I like Dr. Ikeda’s suggestion! Take the bull by the horns; face the truth; find your place in the world and effect positive change! We are creative beings that can only thrive when we act and create, let’s not forget that!
Flow With Life
Buddhism also teaches that you should flow with life. Accept all that happens; stay calm and unaffected. How do you balance these two seemingly opposing views? By leading a balanced life! Acting is about doing and being is about flowing with life. Check out the BeDo Continuum for more on this! Buddhism teaches us to live a balanced life, which we must if we’re to be fulfilled.
Recommendation: I Am That
Love me when I least deserve it, because that’s when I really need it. – Swedish Proverb
When you’re irritated
Or angry at someone, it’s often because they’re being irritable and not nice. When that happens they’re playing out what they might be going through! What should you do?
How to be, instead
We can stay irritable and denounce the person who seems to be causing this feeling in us. Or we could truly try to understand them and be in their shoes for a little bit. When we wear that cap of understanding our best effort at that moment must be an act of love. Pure loving understanding is the call of the moment. You know what that does? That instantly heals the resentment that’s inside us, love does that, and begins to heal the person we’re interacting with. It also heals and makes whole the relationship you have with that person.
Love heals me, it heals you and all around us. Be that love.
Recommendation: A Return to Love
Don’t be at the mercy of events, command your thoughts instead and command the events in turn. – mp
At the Mercy of Events
Something great happens and we feel elated and happy; something bad or terrible occurs and we’re in the doldrums. Sometimes we’re in the doldrums for no apparent reason!
Why be at the mercy of events?
All in the Thoughts
The problem and the solution both lie in our thoughts and how we think. We think most thoughts in our mind, unconsciously. Because we’re not aware of most of our own thoughts we’re unaware how based on assumptions they lead us steadily into feelings of fear, despair and depression.
- The first step is to be aware of what we think. Notice how a chain of thoughts is directly responsible for how you feel at any moment.
- Catch yourself before you start thinking in this fashion. Understand that life is change and that most of our fear about life is because life doesn’t appear to follow our own expectations. So an example might be that you apply for a job and don’t get it. Now you feel fearful because you hoped and expected to get that job. Because life didn’t turn out the way you expected you think thoughts right into a funk. Here’s the key though; you often think these thoughts unconsciously, you don’t know why you feel a certain way. The job incident might be haunting you 2 months later and you may not realize it.
- Don’t have expectations. Ok it’s hard but a habit is built one tiny step at a time. If your end goal is to be calm, peaceful and happy then you might want to do this! Don’t expect life to go your way. Do what’s necessary and then know that you’re capable of handling whatever life throws at you!
- Command your thoughts! You are your own master, control the quality of thoughts you think and you directly control the quality of your life. Period.
- Visualize what you desire. With regular frequency visualize what you want in as much detail as possible, include the feeling of living that life.
Let’s wake up and live a conscious and meaningful life!
Recommendation: Living the Science of Mind by Ernest Holmes
The purpose of life is a life of purpose. – Robert Byrne
A Life of Purpose
Simple isn’t it? Why do we still feel so unfulfilled and even scared about life? How should we define or find a purpose for our lives? Is that enough?
Purpose, like life can be addressed at many levels. Here’s an example:
- Highest Level: To follow God’s will while serving others in love.
- In-between level: Be a Chiropractor helping people in pain
- Lowest Level: I will stay happy, daily.
So go find your Life Purpose/s and forget about everything else. Live it as best you can. Taking positive action; daily, bit by bit is the sure way. This blog will continue to explore ways and means to help you discover your Life Purpose!
Martin Seligman comes to mind when talking about happiness and meaning in life. He wrote the book on it! Here’s what he says:
The pleasant life: a life that successfully pursues the positive emotions about the present, past, and future.
The good life: using your signature strengths to obtain abundant gratification in the main realms of your life.
The meaningful life: using your signature strengths and virtues in the service of something much larger than you are.
Recommendation: Authentic Happiness
Life is either a great adventure or nothing. – Helen Keller
How is life for you?
Helen’s is a beautiful thought because life cannot be meaningful, fulfilling or fun unless it’s an adventure. When it’s not an adventure life is oppressive, tiresome, never-ending and scary.
It’s what you make it.
You make it with your essential beliefs about life and your attitude. Do you believe that life is fair? Do you think you reap what you sow? Do you think anything is possible in life and that you can achieve anything you put your mind to?
The Universe responds in like terms. Your assumptions about life create the life you’re living, one of your own choosing.
If you don’t like what you live or what you see around you, look within! So grab this moment, be curious, feel wondrous, act silly and giggle.
Recommendation: Notes from the Universe
Open all your pores and bathe in all the tides of nature. – Henry David Thoreau
Open up to the Universe!
To enjoy daily life we must get out of our mind that’s constantly chattering away. We must move away from the constant attention we put on our own selves. And the way to do that is to look without and to open ourselves to the wonders and beauty out there!
How will you do it?
Most of the time we’re in our mind/brain, thinking. See with your heart instead, actually put your attention on the heart and experience the world that way. Notice the bright yellow of a daffodil or the deep blue of the sky; open your heart while you do that, feel the feeling of that. Enjoy the sweet aroma of the crisp Autumn air. Employ all your senses as fully as possible. That’s the trick!
Recommendation: The Wisdom Way of Knowing